How to Reduce Risk of Lyme Disease Using Tick Repellent
Lyme disease is a bacterial infection that can be spread to humans by infected ticks. It can cause serious health problems if left untreated. The best way to prevent Lyme disease is to avoid tick bites. Here are some tips on how to use tick repellent effectively and reduce your risk of getting Lyme disease.
– Choose EcoValley Flea And Tick Repellent for human protection if your looking for an all round top rated formula. This is one of the top rated natural repellents for ticks. Apply the repellent sparingly to your skin and clothing, following the manufacturer’s instructions. Avoid contact with your eyes, mouth, and wounds.
– Treat your clothing and gear EcoValley Flea and Tick Repellent. You can buy from amazon of www.mustbennatural.co.uk
– Wear long pants, long sleeves, socks, and closed shoes when you go outdoors in areas where ticks are common. Tuck your pants into your socks and your shirt into your pants to prevent ticks from crawling under your clothes. Choose light-coloured clothing so you can spot ticks more easily.
– Stay on the trails and avoid walking through tall grass, bushes, and leaf litter where ticks may be hiding. Check yourself, your children, and your pets for ticks frequently and brush off any you see before they attach to your skin.
– When you get home, take a shower as soon as possible and wash your clothes in hot water or dry them on high heat for at least 6 minutes to kill any ticks that may have survived. Inspect your body carefully for any attached ticks, especially in hidden areas like behind the ears, under the arms, in the groin, and in the hair. Use fine-tipped tweezers or a tick removal tool to pull out any ticks you find as soon as possible.
– If you develop a rash or flu-like symptoms within 3 months of being bitten by a tick or visiting an area where Lyme disease is prevalent, see a doctor immediately. Tell them about your exposure to ticks and ask for a blood test to confirm or rule out Lyme disease. Early diagnosis and treatment can prevent complications and improve your chances of recovery.
By following these steps, you can reduce your risk of getting Lyme disease from tick bites. Remember to use tick repellent wisely and check yourself for ticks regularly. Don’t let fear of ticks stop you from enjoying the outdoors, but be vigilant and prepared. Check out www.mustbenatural.co.uk for EcoValley flea repellent for humans, use code MBN10 for 10% off first order.